Monday 13 May 2013

the statement necklace

It has been a while since statement necklaces become a must-have item in girls' closet. Personally, I love those necklaces because just a touch of it, your whole outfit looks instantly more trendy and fashionable. Yeah.. I do know that fact and I do love what those statement necklaces can do to your outfit, but I'm more of a simple and active dressing girl. I always have the fear of overdressing for certain events such as uni, coffee with friends, casual shopping date... so although I posses quite a collection of statement necklaces from chunky ones to more simple ones, from gold and black to the trendy mint colour, I rarely use them >"<.

I attempt to put these 2 looks on polyvore with the same statement necklace, just to try proving that the same necklace can actually be used for different type of outfits. The first look here is sort of an elegant, girly looking which was inspired by Blake Lively as Serena in Gossip Girl season 6 (I'm so sad the series end, it was so inspirational, at least for me as I'm trying to believe overdress is good for a girl) lol.


The second look is more of an active looking that I think could be suitable for uni, or any casual kind of date with friends. Honestly, I love both outfits but due to the walking situation in Sydney =__=, I think if I choose the first outfit for shopping or dating day with friends, I would change those pretty heels into flats, you know, just to make sure I won't have to walk with bare feet home. 


I don't think matching a statement necklace with your outfit is hard. But I do tend to skip those extra details that I think might make me overdress looking. But I do want to try wearing statement necklace or bracelet more often as they're piping up in my drawer.
Here are some other looks I attempt to pull together with my statement necklaces and my wardrobe. Most of the clothes are from Zara, some are from Australian designer such as Seeds, Macrs, Dotti or more expensive brand (which is rarely) >_<. All of my statement necklaces are from Australian jewellery stores such as Lovisa, Collette or Diva, but mostly from Lovisa..

This necklace is like my favourite one for all time. It's from Diva, and this is one of the chunkiest one that I've got until now. I love the combination of it though, Yellow and Black, it goes with almost all of my outfit. Here I paired it with my white shirt from Zara and a floral dress (later pic), also from Zara but personally I prefer the first outfit.

This last one was my sister styled by me with a mint necklace, which I think looked just great along with the bright yellow coat. 

thank you for reading xoxO

No comments:

Post a Comment